At JDA we’ve made a list of our Top 5 favourite face coverings to make it easy for you to choose which one is best for you.
1) HelloFace mask. Comfortable, washable, antimicrobial, reusable, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable, anti-fog, completely transparent mask – ok to wear with glasses and hearing aids. Great for: Communicating and engaging effectively with everyone, from various angles, easy to wear for a long time. Price: £13.80 per pack of 2.
2) Clear Expression mask, 3-ply, disposable paper mask – with a completely clear panel showing lips and expressions. Great for: Shopping, out and about, paramedics, healthcare professionals. Price: £1.95 each, minimum order of 10
3) Technomask. Very light, washable and re-usable completely transparent face covering. Great for: Meetings and wearing for a long time - comfortable. Price: £16.50. Available for purchase direct from the manufacturer here. Follow this link and use discount code JDA.
4) Premier Easy-Fit Face Shield. Lightweight, re-usable, comfortable and unobtrusive, anti-fog plastic face shield – not protective against COVID. Can be worn as extra protection with a mask. Great for: Teachers, hospitality and people who need to keep their distance from everyone - including healthcare workers if worn together with a mask. Price: £5 each, minimum order of 10
5) Ecotextura mask. 3-ply disposable mask that is certified type IIR and filters 98% of bacteria so is very safe. There is a clear panel (treated with anti-fog) across the front that covers a large area so makes the mouth very easy to see. It comes in three sizes and is suitable for everyone including medical staff, carers and teachers. Available for purchase direct from the manufacturer, follow this link. Price: £42 for a box of 25 (£1.68 each)
If you are interested in purchasing any of these masks or visors, please fill in this contact form here or phone us on 020 8446 0502.
Here are several handy hints that might help:
1) If your glasses are fogging up when you breathe out, check the seal around your nose and ensure the glasses sit on top of the mask. With all masks and face coverings, you should aim for a tight seal so that it forces the breath through the mask.
2) Using liquid soap, wash the plastic part of the mask (and your glasses while we are at it) shake off excess water and let it air dry. When it is dry, the soap leaves a film that stops the moisture in your breath causing fogging on the cold plastic in the mask or on your glasses.
3) There are sprays available that are designed to be used on motorcycle helmets. They work equally well on masks and glasses. There are sprays available from Amazon and Halfords and many other places on the internet.